When you ask a Hoffman employee what stands out most about the company, across the board they say, "the people." Hoffman provides employees with the freedom and independence to solve challenges without bureaucratic second-guessing, opportunities to build the most exciting projects and amazing benefits. We provide health insurance, paid time off, a generous retirement program and highly competitive pay. We take care of each other by offering free primary healthcare to our employees and their families through our dedicated healthcare clinics. We encourage teambuilding and giving back through community events. Hoffman is an employee-owned company, giving our employee owners a stake in the company's long-term success.
Headquartered in the Northwest, Hoffman has been building some of the most exciting projects in the world for almost a century. We work in a wide range of markets; from urban high-rise towers and cultural projects such as museums and libraries; to advanced technology, industrial manufacturing facilities; water treatment plants; healthcare facilities and more. We have had the good fortune to build many of the region's most significant and challenging projects, including the Portland International Airport, Space Needle Century Project, Oregon Convention Center, Seattle Central Library, MoPOP, Colman Dock, Washington Park Reservoir, Portland's South Waterfront, Tillamook Creamery Visitors Center, Doernbecher Children's Hospital and many more.
Our people take pride in their work, support each other above all else, and drive our commitment to exceptional construction. Many of our employees have been here for 30 years; people often join us straight out of college/apprenticeships and stay for their entire careers. We are looking for builders with a wide range of talent to join our team; could you be the next employee of Hoffman?
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS - Full time Accounts Payable Clerk needed.
Application review will take into account without limitation the following criteria: qualifications, education and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Construction
Must be able to pass the Hoffman Drug and Alcohol Test
Hoffman is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Receive and process invoices daily by reviewing cost coding and verifying appropriate approvals.
- Pay and post vendor payment via check or electronic methods (ACH).
- Maintain timely and appropriate communications with internal and external customers.
- Review invoicing backup received from field for completeness and accuracy.
- Review vendor statements and work with vendors to balance or resolve discrepancies.
- Reconcile and allocate various charges to different projects.
- Maintain and organize Accounts Payable files and records.
- Work independently with moderate supervision.
- Assist with scanning accounts payable support for document retention.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks to assist accounts payable/accounting team.
- Education background: High School diploma or equivalent required. Two-year associate degree with focus on accounting/book keeping or direct experience equivalent is preferred.
- 2-5 years of accounts payable or related work experience required.
- Past work experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Experience/working knowledge of accounting software JD Edwards or similar ERP software is preferred.
- Must have proficient working knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and be able to work well within a network environment.
- Must be able to function in high volume accounts payable environment.
- Must be able to work multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a strong team player, self-starter, flexible and be able to work well with a variety of personalities, with minimal instruction, and minimal direct supervision.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PHYSICAL:
- Standing/Walking - 20%. Sitting 80%
- Hands/Arms - constant use of hands/fingers for mouse/keyboard/computer use.
- Sight - Visual acuity in near, mid and far range vision.
- Hearing: sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard in person and be understood over the telephone.
- Lift/carry - up to 40 pounds rarely.
- Climbing - no climbing required
- Bending/Twisting - minimal.
MENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and follow through on all assignments.
- Must use independent judgment, and organizational and problem-solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results.
- Must be able to plan and organize work.
- Most be able to read/write/speak English and communicate with coworkers.