Come work for the largest equipment dealer in the Midwest! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (BCBS PPO, Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for maintaining quality relationships with vendors through timely and effective Accounts Payable processing. This involves using system data to track invoice status, analyze potential problems and assess processes for efficiency. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Accurately process inventory and expense invoices
- Ensure proper approval and coding of expense invoices
- Reconcile and resolve any outstanding balances on open payable reports
- Research and respond to internal and external requests and questions
- Develop and maintain positive vendor relationships
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- High School Diploma (Required)
- At least 2-4 years of related experience is required
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to work with high sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Must be strong with numbers
- Strong attention to detail and highly accurate
- Detail-oriented, accurate, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer Skills - Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear, sit, will reach with hands and arms; Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 10 pounds; Occasionally will lift up to 50 pounds
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place” by the Detroit Free Press, our 900 employees in Michigan, Illinois and Northern Indiana are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
Outstanding candidates for the position will have demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning.
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.