Accounts Payable Manager
This position is responsible for various accounting and financial reporting functions as well as managing full cycle accounts payable duties including coding invoices, reconciling accounts payable, dispensing payments, and researching vendor invoice discrepancies.
Overseeing the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable department, ensuring proper record keeping, developing best practices and procedures, ensuring accurate and timely month-end close accounts payable tasks and reports.
- Manage full cycle accounts payable duties including coding invoices, reconciling accounts payable, dispensing payments, and researching vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Manage the accounts payable monthly close processes.
- Ensure that proper documentation and support is provided for all accounts payable, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Review accounts payable aging reports and payment requests from suppliers & employees to ensure timely approval of invoices and payments.
- Partner with the General Ledger team by supporting the accuracy of Accounts Payable related general ledger accounts and by ensuring that routine activities are being handled in a timely manner (e.g., payments are entered, credit memos are applied, unbilled amounts are accrued).
- Oversee electronic communication on all AP team.
- Serve as representative on company projects to provide business requirements for initiatives impacting Accounts Payable operations.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of full cycle accounts payable experience.
- Experience leading and managing accounts payable team and ability to manage a high volume of invoices monthly.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in multi-tasking environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable to change, a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, highly analytical and a problem solve.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Ability to work extended hours during month-end closings.