Are you interested in working for a COVID resistant business? Our client managed to immediately deploy a remote working environment and current staff is secure with their positions. We are seeking a hard working leader who can handle a high volume Accounts Payable department.
- AP Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of 5-7 accounting assistants and 3-5 staff accountants. The AP Manager is responsible for cash management operations, which includes all payables and receivables. The AP Manager will oversee the administration of all depository and operating disbursement bank accounts. You will also be responsible for administering various system applications, reviewing and implementing improvements in cash management procedures, and ensuring financial obligations are met by the company.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Accounts Payable, which includes overseeing check runs, maintaining bank activity logs, and waterfall fund balances.
- Reviews and reconciles invoices and vendor payments, ensuring timely and accurate payments to all vendors.
- Provides excellent service and communication to internal customers and external vendors, ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist AP staff with problem solving and development of problem-solving skills. Perform research to determine proper recording of transactions.
- Interact with Vendors, respond to vendor questions and information requests.
- Personal Property Tax Requirements (Annual) and business license applications.
- Directs cash management operations to include daily cash administration and ensuring financial obligations are met timely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Purchase card administration for p-card program.
- Assures adherence to company purchasing policies and procedures including proper approvals and documentation.
- Ensures cash is monitored, reconciled timely and is balanced on a daily basis.
- Forecasts and monitors cash flow including cash deposits, cash disbursements, and incoming / outgoing wire transfers.
- Identifies and evaluates variances to forecast and amount of future cash flows.
- Coordinates with department heads to accurately forecast timing and amount of future cash flows.
- Assists with project assignments and annual audits as needed.
- Reviews procedures and implements improvements in cash management processes.
Skills / Qualification:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency -MS Office – Word, Intermediate Excel (pivot tables, look-ups helpful) and Gmail.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Flexibility is important. Must be able to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent attendance record.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills are critical.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus.
- 5 years supervisory experience required.
- Minimum five years related experience in cash management and managing accounts payable.
- You will initially manage both multiple Accounts Payable professionals and a few Staff Accountants, but the Staff Accountants may soon relocate to another manager and the department continues to grow and evolve.