Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable Department of a multi-entity organization with offices coast to coast.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly involved in hiring of new employees for Accounts Payable department.
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development and work product.
- Review and approve timecards for staff. Manage and update Kronos as needed.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Interact with credit and purchasing department to facilitate payment process.
- Manage monthly close and posting of month end information for A/P module.
- Responsible for overseeing check runs and maximization of discounts as appropriate.
- Provide AP support to all field and operations personnel.Respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Oversee EDI process and implementation of new suppliers as well as assisting with maintaining the current suppliers.
- Oversee AmEx BIP payment process and implementation of new suppliers as well as assisting with maintaining the current suppliers.
- Responsible for submitting productivity reports such as Imaging Report, Discount Report and Year End Accruals.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Minimum 5 years of leadership and generally accepted accounting principles experience
- High-end ERP and current accounting software experience required
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High level proficiency with both EDI and BIP processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Up to 25%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.