Summary: The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Firm's accounts payable function. Responsibilities include the accurate and timely completion of vendor payments, expense reimbursement, and disbursement processing while adhering to Firm policy and client guidelines. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with local and international statutory requirements. The manager will be the leader in the implementation of systems and processes related to accounts payable and disbursements Firm-wide. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with local and international statutory requirements. The manager will be the leader in the implementation of systems and processes related to accounts payable and disbursements Firm-wide.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a business-related field.
- The ideal candidate will be a finance professional with at least three years of experience and at least one year supervisory experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of lawyers and staff.
- Excellent leadership skills and able to work both independently and within a group.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle high-pressure situations, and meet deadlines.
- Effective research and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prepare and present results for senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of the accounts payment staff including selection, training, and performance evaluation.
- Manage the accounts payable function for all offices and other related projects.
- Manage the Firm's Vendor database and communications with vendors regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyze and draft amendments to accounts payable procedures to comply with Firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Address functionality of accounts payable policies and procedures, including internal control procedures, and update as necessary.
- Oversee system and workflow improvements utilizing Chrome River, the firm's expense management software.
- Develop and monitor metrics to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of accounts payable operations and drive exceptional efficiency and service levels.
- Develop and oversee compliance process for reporting, use tax filing and unclaimed/abandoned property.
- Establish guidelines for all project requests made to accounts payable both from within the department and outside the department
- Work directly with other department personnel on automation issues, training, and interfaces.
- Handle complex or non-routine situations independently.
- Resolve reconciling items when needed, work closely with the GL team, and participate in the annual audit.
- Ensure that staff members provide consistent and exceptional customer service to the Firm's internal and external clients
Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Develop staff through formal and informal coaching, appropriate assignments, and the performance evaluation process to ensure work is appropriately prioritized and processed effectively.
- Stay current with developments, a practice and industry trends in the accounting field as it impacts the accounts payable function.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Accounts Payable / Receivable Manager