Under moderate supervision, performs various accounting duties. Scans, codes, processes, posts, updates, and reviews monthly expenses for proper classification and confirms contractual obligations are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits invoices for accuracy, appropriate documentation, and approvals; processes invoices for select offices
- Imports and processes electronic invoice files
- Prepares and prints checks or processes ACHs for all payables
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Verifies W9 information provided by the vendors
- Assists accounts payable manager with research and analysis of prior month(s) records as requested
- Observes invoicing trends to identify possible fraud; works closely with Internal Audit on investigations
- Responds in a timely manner to all payable related inquiries from vendors and branches
- Confirms contractual obligations are met and ensures all payments are made within terms, and that all discounts are maximized
- Works within the travel computer system to verify travel reimbursement requests
- Maintains detailed records of refunds/credits and follows-up with vendors to secure refunds/credits
- Prompt and regular attendance is required
- 1-3 years of accounts payable or similar type of experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Basic knowledge of Company policy and procedures
- Accurate data entry skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to process approximately 500 -750 invoices per week
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
High school diploma or equivalent
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be evaluated and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.