The Accounts Payable - Receivable Clerk performs a variety of general accounting and clerical support tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts receivable. He or she compiles and maintains verified accounts receivable records, reconciles statements, and receipts in all payments from vendors, customers etc.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Accounting or Business Administration, at least one year of experience in a position of similar responsibility, and knowledge of accounts receivable and general accounting procedures. He or she must be detail-oriented and good with numbers and proficient with accounting software and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Health & Wellness Program, community involvement and company paid vacation and holidays.
- Compiles, organizes, and prioritizes incoming invoices.
- Identify correct customers and invoices by interpreting various remittance advices and apply payments to open invoices.
- Identify past due invoices and collect from customers or vendors with a follow up process.
- Document and communicate short payments and unapplied cash through established procedures.
- Analyzes customer payments, research unapplied cash, duplicate billings, and adjustments to correctly apply and clear open invoices.
- Performs monthly, quarterly rotating month end reconciliations and reports.
- Prepares checks for payment based on approval, create batches and updates cash disbursements spreadsheet.
- Take phone calls and responds to inquiries from departments or vendors regarding invoice payments.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders.
- Maintaining clean schedules appropriate for job duties.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Must have 1-year experience (ONLY AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY).
- Must be extremely professional.
- Must possess good organizations skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have good work ethics including maintaining a neat work area.
- Good attendance required.
- ADP Drive Experience a PLUS!