Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Accounts Payable Specialist for our $300M project in Elk Grove, California. This project is an expansion of Sacramento County s already existing Regional Waste Water Treatment Plant. Balfour Beatty s scope of work includes extensive structural and mechanical improvements through the addition of a Tertiary Treatment Facility.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for accurately and timely processing of all accounts payable functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Process all accounts payables functions daily, including selections for payment weekly and credit card transactions
- Review all requests for vendor set up ensuring compliance with Company policies/procedures
- Review monthly statements to ensure all invoices are paid within the proper payment terms
- Resolve discrepancies on invoices by interfacing with other departments, vendors, subcontractors and clients
- Accurately enter all invoices, for vendors, material contracts and subcontracts
- Review purchase orders and purchase order amendments to ensure compliance with company procedures
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Other responsibilities may include scanning, filing, document management, and general office administration
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of accounts payable processing experience in a high volume environment
- Ability to meet strict daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, accounting applications and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
- Experience using accounting software programs
- Experience using JD Edwards
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.