Performance Contracting Group is a national employee-owned specialty contractor that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial, and non-residential construction markets. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing employees from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, as well as supporting a culture of safety and inclusiveness that allows you to contribute to your fullest potential. We place high value on training and professional development, encouraging you to broaden and strengthen your unique skill sets so you can fully realize your potential.
PCG is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist for its corporate operations based in Lenexa, Kansas. This individual will possess some analytical skills and basic accounting knowledge while demonstrating a high level of integrity. They need to work proactively to resolve issues, be a self-starter, flexible, and be team oriented.
- Complete timely and accurate payment of invoices through checks, wires, petty cash, and ACH payments.
- Ensure use of available discounts.
- Be detail oriented, reliable, and well organized.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Respond to Branch and Vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare summary financial information and ad hoc reporting to management as needed.
- Possess good computer skills and demonstrate the ability to learn new computer functionality.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge and data analysis skills.
- Build strong relationships and understanding with the branches to provide the best solutions possible for both the branch and total PCG. Work well with others through all methods of communication.
- Recognize and communicate ways of improving system efficiencies and business processes.
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in Accounts Payable
- Must possess advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to mulitask
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn new job skills my engaging in technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught
- Professional experience dealing withhigh volume preferred
- Professional communication skills, written and verbal
- Critical thinking and problem-solinv skills a plus
At Performance Contracting our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death and disability benefits
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. PCG is a background screening, drug-free workplace.