Holt of California is proud to be part of the elite group of Caterpillar dealers worldwide. The "Caterpillar" name originated in 1904 by inventor Benjamin Holt in Stockton, CA. Today, Caterpillar Inc. is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois and is a Fortune 100 Company.
For over 85 years, we have partnered with our customers, bringing equipment solutions and the best product support in the industry. Holt of California has earned its reputation as a leader, with our employees at the heart and soul of our business. Their dedication and high level of commitment to exceed the customers' expectations has brought Holt of California the distinction of being the top equipment supplier in our territory.
We need someone with the following abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the full vendor payment cycle
- Excels in a high-volume environment
Then this is the opportunity for you!
As a reliable and trusted member of our Accounts Payable team, you will bring a positive approach to our vendor support and payment processing service.
In summary, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurately and timely processing of all accounts payable functions by reviewing purchase orders, invoices and communicating effectively with vendors and our internal customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process accounts payables daily, along with check requests.
- Work with vendor inquiries.
- Review all documentation regarding requests for vendor set up ensuring compliance with Company policies/procedures.
- Review monthly statements to ensure all invoices are paid within the proper payment terms.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist with resolving discrepancies on invoices by interfacing with vendors and internal customers.
- Accurately enter all invoices and review for appropriate documentation and approval.
- Review purchase orders and purchase order amendments.
- Other responsibilities may include scanning, filing, document management, and general office administration.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, accounting applications and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively.
- Be motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with five years Accounts Payable in a high volume environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean DMV report.
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, controls and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is also regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hourly salary, excellent benefits, company-paid life insurance and 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
Apply on-line at www.holtca.com