Another Source's client is recruiting an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their greater Seattle office.
Here's a little about the employer and the position they are seeking to fill:
A leading private asset manager located in the greater Seattle area is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Accounts Payable professional to join our Accounting team. The organization manages a multi-billion dollar global portfolio through a combination of direct investing and external managers. The Accounts Payable professional will be responsible for accurate and timely recording and reporting of vendor invoices and payments, including directing the month-end close process, variance analysis, and monthly reporting.
This is a full time permanent, direct hire opportunity where you will be given the opportunity to work in an environment where good work can be done and titles have no meaning! You will enjoy outstanding benefits including: competitive salary and PTO, 100% employer paid medical/dental/life benefits/PTO, and on the job development opportunities.
- Manage invoices for timely processing of review, approvals, and payment for multiple entities.
- Perform general ledger coding of invoices in consistently and accurate manner.
- Track and enter monthly/quarterly invoices that are under contracts in which the vendor does not provide an invoice (e.g. consulting agreements, rent, homeowners association fees).
- Initiate and manage vendor payments via check, ACH or wire payment. Coordinate internal process for payment approval.
- Manage positive pay uploads for check issuances and review of any exceptions.
- Maintain accounts payable master list updated to ensure recurring invoices have been received at the proper time; contact vendors where invoice has not been received to ensure recurring payments are not missed.
- Manage accounts payable period closing, including communicating with accountants about accruals.
- Resolve accounting questions. Research and respond to internal and external client requests.
- Work with the Accounting team to produce monthly reports.
- Comply with State and Local reporting requirements, including WA sales & use tax filings.
- Maintain W-9 database current for 1099 requirements. Complete annual 1099 reporting.
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Contribute to reporting/process improvements within the team and throughout the organization; document updated processes.
- Complete ad hoc reporting and projects as requested.
- Two years of accounts payable experience required
- Working knowledge of all aspects of accounting (Payroll, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) required; Yardi general ledger experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Results oriented, self-starter, with a high level of initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict time constraints
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to deliver high quality customer service
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner and ability to prioritize
- Collaborative team player able to work with internal and external contacts
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and have good judgment in resolving issues
- Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.