Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Wakefield, MA
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepare vendor invoices, review for proper account coding and approval.
- Enter approved vendor vouchers into the accounting system.
- Review and process employee travel and business expense reports.
- Enter reviewed employee travel and business expense reports into the accounting system.
- Prepare weekly Accounts Payable vendor and employee disbursements.
- Maintain new vendor records, ensuring proper tax documents are received.
- Maintain Accounts Payable Files.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements.
- Communicate with vendors for invoice inquiries and employees for travel expenses
- Assist accounting management to maintain and prepare annual vendor 1099 tax forms.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced working environment.
- Prior experience with Deltek/Costpoint accounting system.
- Prior experience with government contractor travel expense report processing.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.