Are you an accounting professional looking to lead and manage the entire Accounts Payable (AP) function at a nationwide nonprofit? Do you love numbers and are fast-paced, organized, and like collaborative environments? Then look no further!
At Community Resources for Justice we change lives and strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering individualized services that promote safety, justice, and inclusion. CRJ is a unique, 140 year old Boston-based nonprofit organization that provides direct care as well as research/consulting services within the areas of the Mental Health and the Criminal Justice field. Our three divisions, Social Justice Services, Community Strategies, and the Crime and Justice Institute are recognized for their effectiveness and contributions to this important work.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor which is part of our corporate Fiscal team works out of our Administrative offices located in Boston’s fast growing South End (Ink Block) neighborhood just a short walk from numerous shops, art galleries and eateries with easy access to the commuter rail, the Silver, Red and Orange Lines. We offer competitive salary based on experience, and we have a generous benefits package highlighted by a strong 401k company match, and funded educational support.
The primary role of the Accounts Payable Supervisor (APS) is to manage the accounts payable function and supervise the activities of the Accounts Payable team. The APS will ensure that team output goals and deliverables are met in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Manage AP function and train/develop AP team
- Coordinate and process check runs including electronic payments
- Coordinate year end 1099 reporting and ensure CRJ is compliant
- Maintain vendor cards and files
- Review and Post invoics in the Payables system that have been processed by the AP team.
- Review and process staff reimbursement expenses
- Assist with audit requests.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as requested by the Manager of Accounting & Director of Fiscal Operations.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; Bachelor's preferred.
- 5 year’s experience in Accounts Payable with at least 2 year's experience supervising staff.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills (Tables, Charts, Lookups, etc)
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Preferred familiarity with Serenics Navigator or similar software
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.