Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently seeking a Sr Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our growing team! This person will be responsible for the supervision and direction of the Accounts Payable staff and the resolution of related issues as well as assistant manager for assigned area (manufacturer or corporate payables).
- Administers proper implementation of Accounts Payable policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains systematic and logical approaches for the priorities and direction of staff efforts. Maintains departmental performance and productivity measurements. Identifies and implements procedural and processing improvements.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of Accounts Payable personnel (1 team leader and 4-7 clerical employees). Monitors departmental workflow and output against established standards, redirects resources as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from senior management and home office personnel regarding accounts payable issues that relate to the payment of inventory purchases. Prepare selected reports for distribution to senior management.
- Serves as assistant manager for assigned area – inventory manufacturer payables or corporate/general payable.
- Responds to major vendor inquiries on payment discrepancies, credit balances and other related matters. Administer claims submitted by third party A/P auditors. Process changes in coding on previously processed invoices. Weekly run of the PO Edit Report and assures proper changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5 years accounts payable experience in a computerized environment
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred
- 10 key by touch
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules