Senior Linux Administrator
The Senior Linux Engineer is responsible for daily operations and maintenance of the Serco Linux server environment. This environment consists of a fully virtualized Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployment. This environment also consists of multiple related technologies surrounding access networks, inter-site security negotiation, API management, virtualized infrastructure, and Ansible maintenance/administration. This role works closely with the Virtualization and System Administration teams to fully manage the maintenance, outage response, and operational support of the environment. This position reports to Computing Systems and Services Supervisor. .
- Ongoing support, maintenance, and testing of application solutions in support of operational requirements and approved initiatives as they relate to the platform.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance; investigate and resolve incidents and/or change tickets for the environment
- Remain current and learn new emerging technologies in information technology and implement innovative solutions.
- Actively participate in Virtual Infrastructure technical support cross-training.
- Participate and lead outage response for conditions related to service delivery and its components.
- Provide technical support for Tier 2-3.
- Serve as the SME for Red Hat Enterprise Linux on the team.
- Provide education and training to other engineers for this subject matter.
- Provide after-hours coverage and escalation support.
- Occasional after-hours work, to include weekends, is required
- This position requires 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Linux configuration and operation in large real or virtual datacenters
- Intermediate or higher-level experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Bash
- Expert-level experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Intermediate or higher-level experience with Ansible automation platform
- Intermediate or higher-level experience with Red Hat Satellite and Subscription Manager
- Novice or higher-level experience with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform and/or Docker and Kubernetes
- Intermediate or higher-level experience working with VMware-virtualized platforms
- Strong Technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols and standards
- Knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, Kerberos, SSSD, LVM, SSL, and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of database query languages on PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Preferred Certifications:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer
- CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1T
Pooja Sharma | 201 308 5097
Unix Administrator / Engineer