ACCOUNT PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all accounts payable related activities for the property management team; including supplier management/administration, invoice receipt and processing, payment processing/ disbursements and reconciliations. The individual would be accountable to resolve any issues, escalations or contract disputes as it relates to accounts payable. The A/P Supervisor’s main responsibility will be to oversee the day-to-day A/P obligations are met in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for the end-to-end strategic and transactional accounts payable processes as it relates to finance, operations, people, technology, data and performance management
- Manage accounts payable functions including supplier management/administration, invoice receipt and processing, payment processing/ disbursements and reconciliations
- Oversee the day to day accounts payable activities performed by the A/P team
- Provide excellent customer service by proactively managing issue resolution
- Drive process improvements and re-engineer accounts payable procedures toward a standard solution
- Oversee the 1099 filing process
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Business, or other related fields
- A minimum of 5 or more years of supervisory experience and 10 years of accounting experience specifically in accounts payable;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with property management teams, brokers and upper management
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and resolution
- Must have 1099 fling experience
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of real estate A/P systems desirable including Jenark, Yardi and MRI
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations via Career Builder, or submit via email, fax or regular mail:
Avison Young - Human Resources
11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 200
Rockville, Maryland 20852
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please, no calls from recruiters. Avison Young subscribes to the spirit and laws regarding Equal Employment Opportunity. Additionally, Avison Young operates in according with a Drug Free Workplace and conducts drug and alcohol tests.