Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT staffing firm in the US, has a Accounts Payable Specialist opportunity for a major phosphate company in Tampa, FL. It is a 12 month contract to hire with competitive pay. Listed below are the core responsibilities and requirements. If interested, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Tampa, FL
Duration: 1 Year Contract with the potential to go permanent
1. AP Experience
2. Invoice Investigation experience
The Accounts Payable Technician – Unclaimed Property & Recovery is responsible for the filing of annual reports to each state of property that meets state law criteria to be considered unclaimed or abandoned, and for delivering that property to the state in a timely manner. This person will support the MBS Shared Services Accounts Payable and MBS Accounting Teams and will be responsible for the timely and accurate filing of annual reports to applicable states and delivering property to states in a timely manner. Responsibilities will include researching any/all interest and/or penalty assessments levied by the states for untimely annual reporting, responding to abatement requests, recovering unclaimed property owed to Mosaic, and reviewing, processing and coordinating all debit balance accounts.
What will you do?
• Determine unclaimed property filing requirements by state and accurately complete required filings in a timely manner.
• Perform due diligence to ensure that vendors are contacted regarding uncashed/unclaimed property.
• Process incoming due diligence mail responses from vendors.
• Coordinate the reissue of payments based upon vendor responses.
• Work with state unclaimed property departments to facilitate reclaims regarding prior years’ filings.
• Complete Unclaimed Property audit requests.
• Analyze the potential Unclaimed Property information (state/business notices, outstanding checks and credits), communicate with the states/businesses and offer support as they research and remediate items.
• Obtain all necessary documentation to file a business claim as may be required by State/Federal agencies for reclaiming the unclaimed property funds.
• Perform identification, claims retrieval/submittal and follow up on all unclaimed properties owed.
• Proactively search State and Federal databases under acquired companies to recover unclaimed property.
• Perform data analysis to identify recovery opportunities for vendors that are overpaid due to pricing variances, duplicate payments, tax errors, etc. Review, process and coordinate all debit balance vendor accounts to recover losses resulting from overpayments or credits not being taken. Review, process and coordinate incoming payments resulting from recovery efforts. Collaborate effectively with internal and external customers to gather needed information, resolve differences, and complete work on schedule.
• Work with accounting team on recording transactions (i.e. unapplied cash). Identify root causes that drive the need for payment recovery (i.e. duplicate payments).
• Provide regular reports on Unclaimed Property and Payment Recovery to Management.
• Prepare reconciliation reports for each state.
• Other Duties and Special Projects as assigned by management.
• HS Diploma required.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred.
• 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience required.
• For those candidates without a bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of Accounts Payable
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178