Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
Hanley Wood, www.hanleywood.com, is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable and Collections Associate. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for timely collection of past due invoices for Hanley Wood. This position is key to assuring the optimal use of resources through timely billing and collection practices. This position also serves as backup for daily duties of the department.
Compensation for this position is around $50k or DOE.
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties Include:
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and determine reasons for non-payment
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Stratify collection activities to maximize cash receipts
- Keeping accurate records and reporting on collection activity
- Issue dunning letters to overdue accounts
- Recommend that accounts be shifted to a collection agency
- Recommend bad debt write-offs
- Work on other miscellaneous accounting tasks as needed in the department
Qualified Candidates MUST possess the following Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2-3 years experience as a collection specialist or similar role
- Proficient PC skills including MS Excel Outlook, and MS Word
- Excellent customer service skills and comfort in working with clients, sales directors and internal staff
- An organized, detail oriented and multi-task team player with professional attitude and the willingness to problem solve
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
About Hanley Wood
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously encourages high levels of creativity and productivity. Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package all while working within a dynamic workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers.
Follow Hanley Wood on Social Media:
- Twitter: @hanleywoodHR
- Instagram: @hanleywoodcareers
Hanley Wood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v