Job Title: Accounts Receivable Collections Coordinator
Area: Accounts Receivable - Billing and Collections
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visithttp://www.rotary.org.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position supports the Accounts Receivables Billing and Collections team, responsible for the global collection of billing past due accounts at Rotary International. You will have the opportunity to provide and maintain a high-level of professionalism while interacting with Rotary members. Your contribution will serve to support Rotary International’s mission and strategic objectives by ensuring prompt and accurate communication for collection of overdue accounts to maximum cash realization to reduce delinquencies and write offs.
You Will Have
- High School diploma required. College course work in accounting or business or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable customer service.
- 3+ years of experience in billing and collections processes.
- 3+ years of financial management system experience.
- Microsoft Office, Intermediate Excel proficiency, Word, and Outlook experience.
- Knowledge and use of Oracle Cloud/PeopleSoft or other similar enterprise financial management systems.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish language communication skills.
You Are Good At
- Attention to detail
- Researching and problem solving
- Making decisions
- Being a team player and working independently
- Being a self-starter
You Are Open To
- Creative thinking
- Change management
- Process improvement
You Will Be Responsible For
Billing and Collection
- Your key responsibility is the collection of Rotary billing past due accounts while maintaining a high level of professionalism toward customers to reduce delinquencies, account terminations, and write offs.
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures.
- You will serve as main point of contact for all customer inquiries and concerns relating to club account payments.
- Maintain customer accounts to ensure accurate application of payments and credit memos.
- Research, and resolve all inquiries and issues related to invoices while effectively and timely communicating to customers.
- Clearly and proactively communicate collection, termination, and reinstatement policies and procedures to customers.
- You will work with other business teams to promote excellent customer service while promoting process improvement.
- Provide support to other Collection Coordinators to meet goals and deadlines.
- Provide immediate feedback to management regarding accounts requiring special handling.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, working on special projects, testing system upgrade or updates, providing process and procedures as needed.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options