Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Monday – Friday 8a – 430pm
Responsible for Credit and Collection management of assigned customers. Ability to work in fast paced environment. Must be able to effectively prioritize work to maximize performance. Ability to work independently. Accurate & timely reconciliation & deduction analysis of assigned customers.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Review Aging of assigned accounts weekly.
- Engage in collection calls on past-due invoices as well as analyze customers from a risk standpoint and make recommendations to supervisor on all high risk customers.
- Ensure deductions are valid; reconcile accounts with customer regarding disputes, returns and discrepancies.
- Work with sales team to address customer issues.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Research and ensure proper documentation is obtained to adjust AR balances in a timely fashion.
- Prompt and professional responses to customer inquiries.
- Inform management of delinquent AR, aged deductions and any other significant customer issues.
- Work with the cash application team to insure proper payment processing and provide back up.
- Initiate refund process, other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- College Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, and independent thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word/Excel
- Intermediate data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.