Accounts Receivable Import Billing Specialist
We are leading Lighting & Furniture Design and Manufacturer based near Port Authority in Midtown West. We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Import Billing Specialist to join a dynamic wholesaler of home decor products, providing high end design products to retailers such as West Elm, Amazon, Wayfair, Bed Bath & Beyond as well as many other mass retailers. We are seeking an individual who would enjoy working with a diverse staff of individuals who like to have fun yet work diligently to grow the business.
This position entails generating customer invoices, creating purchase orders, and checking Sales prices and supplier invoice costs. The position will generally entail producing documents for our clients who are primarily big box retailers including Target and Walmart in addition to working with our bank on these issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review Customer Sales Orders (all Big Box Retailers) submitted to the Company to ensure correct pricing and item product codes were reflected on each Sales Order.
- Create Invoices for our customer retailers from the Sales Order submitted by them once notified by factory that product was shipped and picked up in China. Review of Sales Orders is required to ensure correct pricing, quantities, and items ordered are invoiced correctly.
- Once customer invoices are created, post daily by batch in Sage (our in-house computer system).
- Create Purchase orders in Sage by using the overseas factory invoice. Review product costs billed by factory to Purchase Order generated to ensure costs on PO match costs billed by factory.
- Communicate with China factories to resolve discrepancies for costs billed by them if cost billed does not match company's price list.
- Perform some data entry to generate customer documents.
- Put financial document packages together (invoices, shipping documents etc) and send to our bank which are required for our customer's Letters of Credit.
- Excellent Proficiency in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook required.
- Prior experience working in a Finance/Accounting department.
- Prior experience working with in-house financial computer programs is essential.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Sage100 experience is a PLUS (not required).
- Must be able to make a mean pot of coffee!
- Competitive salary, benefits package and 401k Retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing, established Wholesale Organization
Please only apply if you have relevant experience. Applications must include a resume and cover letter.
salary commensurate w/ experience.