Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable Specialist for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Responsible for supporting management in billing and collections of accounts receivables.
- Review and submit claims on pre-determined basis for assigned payer and/or business line.
- Run a monthly aging report on assigned payer and/or business line to follow-up on unpaid claim balances, according to established departmental protocol and collection policies.
- Communicate with Utilization Review Coordinator regarding authorizations and appeals and documenting all communication as appropriate in the EHR.
- Respond to communication from assigned payers, including processing denials and providing requested information as needed, in a timely manner.
- Maintain an organized filing system including inactive files for the Accounts Receivable department, archiving as necessary.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Function as a team member, attend required meetings, and provide support to other team members as necessary.
- Promotes Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Position requires a high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in an office clerical or customer service environment required.
- Experience with medical billing reimbursement including working with insurance payers and collections preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding (CPT, ICD~9/10, HCPC), insurance reimbursement and electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare, private insurance and Medicaid billing requirements preferred.
- Strong keyboarding skills including data entry into electronic records systems and website navigation required.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and discretion with HIPAA or other confidential information required.
- Must be able to work independently and have time management skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a diverse group of people and maintain appropriate working relationships exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to problem solve moderately complex billing, coding and contract issues.
- Satisfactory completion on Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled