Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Accounts Receivable Specialist to our location in Liberty Lake, WA.
We are seeking Accounts Receivable Specialist to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is enhanced along with the overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by delivering a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
This position is accountable for working accounts receivables for commercial or regulatory accounts and/or for follow up or denials for patient accounts.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Extract, review and interpret billing statements, charge information, private or government insurance benefits, and other related information from multiple billing and documentation servers (for multiple hospitals, clinics and insurance companies) while resolving account balances.
- Ensure appropriate use of adjustment codes and activity codes to allow for appropriate workflow and trending.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve business results and/or to alert business units of trends, anomalies or health plan rules and decisions that need attention.
- Escalate unresolved issues appropriately and recommend solutions to minimize future problems.
- Must meet primary productivity and performance standards.
- Make appropriate decisions on account activity consistent with approved authority levels.