Maybe it's our bright outlook on life. Or, maybe it's the happiness found in our many products. Whatever it is, Sunkist puts a fresh twist on all of its career offerings.
Join our team and discover a freshly-squeezed, refreshing career.
The job of the Accounts Receivable Manager is to ensure that all accounts receivable functions are handled efficiently, professionally, and on a timely basis. Works closely with the Credit Services Manager to assist with various credit and collections duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Oversees all matters related to accounts receivable and assist Credit Services Manager with credit and collections functions.
- Reviews and forwards chargeback detail to the appropriate salesperson and/or collection coordinator for handling.
- Prepares, reconciles, and maintains service charge records for various customers and provides updates to our salespeople on a monthly basis.
- Maintains a program of systematic follow up and collection of receivables with collection coordinators and ensures that chargebacks are being regularly managed.
- Reviews A/R aging reports regularly to ensure that offsets are done promptly and aging reports are properly maintained.
- Assists Credit Services Manager with month and year end closing procedures along with reconciling A/R to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Processes and posts lockbox data on a daily basis and retains banking data for future department research purposes.
- Coordinates with the accounts receivable coordinator to ensure that all cash applications are completed within department standards - especially when volume is heavy, during monthly and annual closing periods, and when other department members are out of the office.
- Prepares all department checks and refund requests and sends account statements to customers as needed.
- Assists with implementation projects as they relate to Accounts Receivable.
- Maintains records and files for the department including periodic retention according to company guidelines.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, including special projects.
- Extensive contact throughout all divisions and levels of Sunkist as well as outside business partners.
- Maintains a neat work area, professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- Participates in relevant training as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- AA degree or equivalent work experience and at least seven years accounts receivable experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills, in both PC and large ERP system environments. MS NAV Preferred. Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly with on-the-job training.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, multiple tasks, meet frequent and overlapping deadlines, and respond promptly and courteously to various customer requests.
- Must possess the ability to interpret and communicate issues, problems and results.
| || |
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (List not all inclusive)
Measurements: 67-100% of time = Continuously, 45-66% of time = Frequently, 66% of time = Occasionally
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential functions consistent with Sunkist standards, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Sunkist standard, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to: talk, listen and speak effectively on telephone; read, write and understand written documents and policy; sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to type or otherwise work primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Must be able to spend extended period of time viewing computer screen and/or operating a keyboard.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to stand; walk short distances; pull and/or push; grasp; reach; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch.
- Moderate Carrying – must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. for filing and retention purposes (rare).
- Must be able to bend or stoop to file documents.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS POSITION
- Will use and be responsible for a company provided laptop, PC or equivalent.
- Normal office equipment such as printers, scanners, fax machines.
- Desk landline phone.
Must have the ability to:
- Be detail oriented and accurate, as this position requires a high degree of accuracy
- Be ethical, honest and work with integrity since this position deals with and affects the financial aspects of the organization.
- Understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Use problem-solving skills to be able to resolve and propose solutions to general process impediments.
- Consistent usage of critical thinking, analysis, decision making, and problem solving skills to negotiate with customers regarding past dues and repayment of disallowed deductions.
- Communicate with individuals by using a telephone, computer, or interpersonal skills
- Have the commitment to continuous improvement.
- Work individually and in a team for the purpose of collaborating and completing projects.
- Organize and prioritize own work.
- Works in an office environment subject to continuous interruptions and mild to moderate background noises.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasional exposed to moving mechanical parts (i.e. office equipment).
- Work may include extended periods of time viewing a computer monitor and or operating a keyboard.
- Must work in office Monday – Friday and be available for extra hours as needed. A regular telework schedule will not be considered.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed, as well as, the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between Sunkist and its employees.
Well now that all the boring stuff HR makes us put in the job description is out of the way, what is this job really about? We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas and a commitment to excellence. At Sunkist, we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information, generating ideas and creative solutions, working in teams and developing people to add value.
Behind our history of innovation and commitment to market leadership is a company devoted to providing continued education, excellent benefits and good working conditions. We provide all the resources you need to support your professional development, including:
- A variety of choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
- 401K retirement savings plan, Match+
- Generous paid holiday and vacation benefits
- Internal and external training
- Generous educational assistance
- An open job posting system
Sunkist is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
For more information about Sunkist, please visit our Employment page at:https://www.sunkist.com/careers/