Company Job Title:
Accounts Receivable Technician II
Chenega Job Title:
Accounting Clerk II
Accounts Receivable Manager
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Accounts Receivable Technician II will perform accounts receivable (billing) functions for a variety of government and commercial contracts. Maintain accounts receivable records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Processes all aspects of accounts receivable (billings) for a variety of government, commercial, and non-profit customers related to various kinds of contracts and customers. Performs all routine to moderate billings for the department.
- Assists in accounts receivable processes to ensure accurate and timely management of billings. Researches billing related issues as necessary to process billings to clients.
- Analyzes billings and prepares additional reports as required.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follow up.
- Call and/or mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Assists with related special projects, as required. Assists team members as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of accounting processing software (Costpoint is preferred), an Internet browser, the Excel spreadsheet application, and any word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.