I. General Description:
Plan, direct, and implement programs for pre-school age children. Facilitate the student
experience of enrichment activities and the development of skills and talents that will
contribute to student success in personal, social, physical, emotional, and academic growth.
Perform all duties and responsibilities on an exemplary manner such that the School and
Community will maintain a standard of excellence through this program.
- Associate's Degree (minimum requirement)
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate (preferred)
- Arizona Department of Education appropriate certification requirements, including Early Childhood Certificate or an Early Childhood Endorsement (preferred)
- Must have or be able to obtain Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card before the commencement of employment
- Certification in CPR and First Aid (can be obtained through district)
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans instructional goals, objectives, and methods to meet state and national standards.
2. Directs and implements weekly activities designed to enrich, enhance and prepare
3. Designs and provides activities in social development, art, movement, and music.
4. Use formal and informal assessment to monitor student progress toward the school
5. Use effective modeling, guided practices, closure, and independent practice as
6. Use questioning and discussion strategies and higher level thinking skills.
7. Adjust the lesson as appropriate to meet the diverse needs of all students.
8. Integrate the use of educational technology in the classroom.
9. Demonstrate appropriate teacher-student interactions with general warmth, caring,
10. Maintains and enforces program standards to meet licensing, fire & sanitation
11. Enforces the discipline process.
12. Maintains open lines of communication with students and their guardians concerning
13. Evaluates staff using district guidelines and procedures.
14. Addresses parent/campus issues and complaints with the Director of Community
15. Coordinates staffing needs with Community Education Department and supervises staff
training in-service, assuring each staff member has met the required training hours on a
16. Facilitates training of Pre-School employees.
17. Participate in professional growth activities and seeks to improve teaching skills.
18. Prepares and administers all budgets connected with areas of responsibility.
19. Maintains current registration records, assists in the collection and accounting process.
20. Purchases supplies within curricular and budget guidelines and procedures.
21. Prepares and maintains appropriate records for the Department of Health Services and
22. Participates and assists in the development & implementation of the District Community
23. Communicates with campus administration and Community Education Department.
24. Attends student evaluation and IEP meetings as requested.
25. Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Reports to: Director of Community Education
Location: Desert Star School
Status: Salary Schedule and District Benefits Package