Reporting to Clinical Programs Manager and with clinical oversight from the Activity Therapist, the Activity Therapy Assistant facilitates treatment groups, assists in evaluating and/or assessing patients and their potential for participation in expressive arts therapy groups. Works closely with the Activity Therapist in coordinating activities appropriate to the therapeutic milieu.
- High School Diploma preferred
- AA or Bachelors Degree in Art therapy; Music Therapy
- Movement/Dance Therapy; Recreational Therapy; Occupational Therapy; or other appropriate discipline preferred
- Entry level accepted
- 1+ yrs experience in acute care or skilled nursing facility, Psychiatric Inpatient, experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform groups and activities in other languages highly desirable
- Required water-safety certification per Stanislaus County Water Safety Regulations within 60 days of hire
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.