The Store Director's purpose is to efficiently manage the operations of the store by developing and implementing strategies in achieving maximum sales and earnings while coaching/training/developing associates in order to maximize effectiveness.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Leads, directs, coaches and assist associates throughout the store in performing their duties
* Works with and through team to follow and enforce company standards for friendly, prompt and courteous customer service by ensuring that all associates assist customers in locating and when necessary, retrieving merchandise in the store; create and maintain an exceptional customer service culture in their store
* Manages the overall proficient operation of the store and assists in the corporation's plans to increase store sales, profits, and service levels
* Monitors store expenses and ensures that expense target are met
* Works with Assistant Store Director and Department Managers to strategize in achieving weekly sales and earnings objectives
* Drives for results to achieve company sales and earnings objectives.
* Engages and expects our associates to live the Greet, Offer and Thank principles to create an exceptional customer focus culture in their store
* Creates a culture where associates are trusted and empowered to make decisions
* Creates a cohesive environment of teamwork and collaboration where associates value one
another and understand how they can contribute to the overall success of the store
* Develops associates by teaching/coaching/mentoring and training towards specific roles and
goals in order to increase the talent for the organization
* Influences store team to accomplish specific goals with regular and consistent communication in person and in written form
* Organizes and plans for current and long term goals along with having a contingency plan for unpredictable outcomes
* Readily adapts in response to customer needs, to changes in schedules, and work priorities.
* Adapts to new technology and be proficient in its operation
* Learns, understands, and applies the information contained in company manuals, policies and practices related to store operations
* Is resourceful and knowledgeable to answer associate and customer's needs
* Builds relationships with the customers and maintains customer engagement
* Readily understands and utilizes P&L, sales, purchases, labor and cost reporting to impact results
* Brings a broader perspective on how the business works outside of the industry and applies the
business knowledge to maximize sales
* Obtains necessary licenses needed for store operations such as Food Safety and Sanitation License.
Number of Associates Supervised: Directly: 1 Assistant Store Director and 4 -- 10 Department Heads
Indirectly: All other store associates.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Experience as an Assistant Store Director.
* College Degree preferred.
* Requires a thorough understanding of store operations and Company practices, policies and procedures.
* Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
* Requires the ability to interpret profit and loss statements. Requires the knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
* Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Requires the physical ability to be able to cover for various positions throughout the store as required.
* May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of approximately -20 Fahrenheit, 28 Fahrenheit, and 35 Fahrenheit, while handling products in freezers, coolers and display cases. Temperatures of approximately 150 Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases. Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled store environment.
* Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
* Incumbent may sit for periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled