Title: Acquisition Logistician, Journeyman
Job Location: WPAFB, OH
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for an Acquisition Logistician, supporting the Special Operations Forces and Personnel Recovery Division (AFLCMC/WIS). The WIS mission is to provide full life-cycle acquisition management for AC/HC/MC-130J and Special Warfare Airman equipment modernization.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide Life Cycle Logistics technical expertise for the day-to-day management of the 12 Integrated Product Support Elements: Product Support Management; Sustaining Engineering; Design Interface; Supply Support; Maintenance Planning and Management; Support Equipment; Facilities and Infrastructure; Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation; Technical Data; Manpower and Personnel; Training and Training Support; and Computer Resources in accordance with AFI-63-101/20-10, AFPAM 63-128, and the Product Support Manager Guidebook.
- Provide advisory assistance to develop and document recommended logistics inputs for PWSs, Requests for Proposals and Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL) for assigned programs.
- Prepare for and participate in program reviews, meetings, working groups, and integrated product teams as requested by the Government. Gather and compile information, prepare briefing charts, finalize meeting minutes, and track action item resolution.
- Prepare and coordinate correspondence and reports.
- Provides assistance in the preparation of budget estimates and evaluation of cost, schedules, performance, and program risks.
- Provide advisory assistance on evaluating change proposals and drafting directives, military specifications, and standards for logistics program impacts resulting from each proposed change.
- Provide advisory assistance to compile Contract Performance Assessment Reporting System inputs.
- Monitor fielded systems and provide advisory assistance in determining if the systems meet product support metrics.
- Assist in maintenance planning and management activities for the life cycle for all levels of maintenance.
- Perform warranty management support.
- Develop supply support requirements to meet program availability metrics and ensure supplies are procured, cataloged, and available.
- Provide advisory assistance to manage the acquisition and sustainment of technical data.
- Provide advisory assistance to prepare plans necessary to activate bases receiving new aircraft and equipment.
- Provide advisory assistance to accomplish Depot Source of Repair decisions and implement Depot Maintenance Activation Planning.
- Review, evaluate, process, and track Support Equipment Recommendation Data, provide assessment of the Support Equipment (SE) programs and provide recommendations to the Government to ensure proper SE is available by the established need date.
- Assess facilities requirements to provide recommendations to the Government to ensure adequacy to operate and support the system, subsystem, or end-items.
- Evaluate the Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation requirements and provide recommendations to the Government to ensure proper processes and procedures are implemented.
- Review and assess the training and training equipment/system program, plans and schedules and make recommendations to the Government regarding potential improvements, issues, and risks.
- Provide Government Furnished Property (GFP) technical expertise; identify concerns, risks, and issues; and provide recommended courses of action to the Government in the day-to-day management of GFP.
- BS + 3 years’ experience or AA + 7 years’ experienceor HS + 9 years’ experience
- 2 years’ experience with government acquisition programs/projects
- Active Secret Security Clearance required
- Knowledge of Logistics Data Systems (Centralized Asset Management (CAM)) as well as a basic knowledge of the Logistics Requirement Determination Process (LRDP) and the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution development process is highly desirable
- Building 46, Area B
- Some travel may be required
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans