Title: Acquisition/contract Specialist*
Job Location:NHRC – San Diego, CA
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for an Acquisition/Contract Specialist supporting the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) – San Diego. NHRC optimizes the operational readiness and health of our armed forces by conducting research, development, testing, and evaluation to inform the Department of Defense (DoD) policy. NHRC has been designated the DoD Deployment Health Research Center since 1999. NHRC conducts science that spans the spectrum from physical readiness to joint medical planning, to wounded warrior recovery and behavioral health interventions, all focusing on the health, readiness, and well-being of our nation’s military members and their families. The core research areas include Operational Readiness and Health, Military Population Health, and Operational Infectious Diseases.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Serve as an Acquisition Specialist at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) that supports medical research and development (R&D) for the entire Navy Medical R&D enterprise. Provide support services for acquisition and compliance services requiring expertise in medical research regulations, statutes, and protocols in support of military programs for NHRC. Support the development of and assist in the administration of acquisition documents containing human use requirements. Ensure that all research is compliant with Federal and DoD regulations for protecting human subjects and also ensure that research is compliant with the requirements of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule. Support the Department of Navy Human Research Protection Program (DON HRPP) function and the relevant application of DON HRPP guidelines to intramural and extramural research. Develop and administer acquisition documents containing animal use requirements. Assure that any contract action that involves animal use be compliant with all applicable Federal and DoD regulations.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assist in military medicine R&D acquisition strategy and planning.
- Ensure compliance with FAR 7.102 (agencies shall perform acquisition strategy), FAR 7.104 (acquisition planning should begin as soon as the agency need is identified); as well as other Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations (DoD FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Defense Grant and Agreements Regulations (DoDGARs) Department of Defense (DoD) or Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) regulations and directives, such as human use, animal use, personal services, health care, non-DoD contracting, socio-economic goals, and assistance agreements.
- Assist Government staff with coordination with various US Government contracting agencies to utilize existing contracting vehicles for medical R&D, as well as support the development of innovative contract vehicles that meet the specific needs of military medical R&D requirements.
- Prepare requirements packages including such requirements package tasks as: describing requirements, market research (including consideration of small business participation), commercial item recommendation, recommendations & findings for non-DoD contracting, contract versus assistance agreement recommendations, acquisition strategy and plan preparation, justification & approval preparation, NAICS code recommendations, organizational conflict of interest mitigation plan preparation, severability recommendations, inherently governmental function recommendations, personal services recommendations, health care worker recommendations, indemnification and medical liability insurance or Federal Tort Claims Act recommendations, use of foreign government or foreign military support recommendations, labor compliance as applicable to state employment law recommendations, research involving human subjects recommendations, animal use recommendations, institutional review board recommendations, plan of action & milestones preparation, and bona fide needs recommendations.
- Prepare RFPs including such RFP tasks as statements of objectives/statement of work/performance-based work statement preparation, quality assurance surveillance plan preparation, COR nomination letter preparation, contract data requirements list preparation, DD254 preparation, contractor acquired equipment title recommendations, indemnification and medical liability insurance versus Federal Tort Claims Act recommendations, and employee right of first refusal recommendations.
- Prepare contract awards to include such contract award tasks as funding scheduling for incrementally funded firm-fixed-price type contracts, OCI mitigation plan review, and broad agency announcement documentation.
- Prepare post-award to include such post-award tasks as kick-off meeting report preparation and right-of-first-refusal documentation.
- Conduct contract administration including such contract administration tasks as COR file maintenance, monthly COR report preparation, quality assurance surveillance plan report preparation, quality assurance surveillance checklist preparation, CPARS reporting facilitation, contract modification request preparation, incremental funding documentation preparation, and limitation of funds notice preparation.
- Perform contract closeout including such contract closeout tasks as reconciliations of supporting documents such as invoices and DD882s.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years or more of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Comprehensive knowledge of a variety of contracting vehicles.
- Knowledge of Federal contracting regulations and acquisition administration in a Federal environment.
- 1 year of experience in creating and managing acquisition plans, statements of work, synopses, solicitations, pre-negotiation and price-negotiation memorandums, past performance verifications, subcontracting plans, purchase orders, award modifications.
- Prepare, evaluate, recommend for award, and recommend contract actions for Government review and signature
- Generate, review and provide comments on procurement packages to include: RFQ, RFI, RFP, Performance Work Statements (PWS), Acquisition Plans, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASP), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCEs), change requests, Justification and Authorization (J&A's) for other than full and open competition, synopses, Determinations and Findings (D&Fs) for exceptions to fair opportunity for both negotiated competitive procurements and sole source procurements.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans