Contract/Consulting Reservoir Engineer Position Summary
Primary role will be to provide part time consulting work in a multi-discipline team environment performing oil & gas asset evaluations to develop acquisition, exploitation and exploration investment opportunities. Will be responsible for researching and modeling acquisition opportunities as well as integrating newly acquired assets into the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities and present to management.
o Evaluate assets and identify deal-specific drivers, risks, and opportunities for potential projects & acquisitions.
o Interpret well results in the context of reservoir fluids, completion design, flowback strategy, and artificial lift.
o Calculate individual well EURs, determine well spacing, generate type curves and assist in preparing project-specific maps.
o Prepare production and cash flow forecasts for properties and acquisition opportunities using ARIES software.
· Monitor and analyze competitor data, development strategies, and industry trends to assist with identifying opportunities.
· Assist in the creation of annual budgets, program lookbacks and outlooks.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering is required.
· Minimum of 8 -10 years of technical experience as a Reservoir Engineer.
· Experience working in an operating company in a reservoir/development/reserves/planning engineer role. Experience in evaluation of acquisitions, exploitation development engineering, project management, reserve estimation, planning, horizontal drilling, reservoir simulation, and resource play development.
· Possess a broad understanding of the E&P business, unconventional reservoirs and recent notable market trends across multiple plays.
· Ability to efficiently analyze complex economics and reserve determination with strong understanding of reserve classification definitions, economic modeling, and fair market value metrics.
· Proficient in economic evaluations using ARIES, Spotfire, IHS products and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
· Team player with the ability to communicate and work effectively with a multi-disciplined team and at all levels of the organization.
· Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without any type of sponsorship.