Reporting to the General Manager, Director of Marketing, or SVP Housing, the Active Adult Sales Manager is responsible for the fiscal and day-to-day operations of the sales center. This role will develop and maintain an effective and efficient sales and sales administration program, manage and mentor all Sales Center staff, and assist in the development and planning of future opportunities for Brookfield Residential. The Sales Manager is responsible for generating prospects, meeting sales targets, and meeting customer care objectives that coincide with the Austin business plan. The Sales Manager also provides exceptional customer care to existing and potential customers while demonstrating respect and professionalism.
The Sales Manager will also be responsible for producing, revising, and presenting pricing, premiums, incentives, and release plans each quarter for the following quarter- 60 days in advance.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the procurement of, and following up on, sales leads to produce sales.
- Establish a strong outreach to the Realtor and Broker markets.
- Maintain an active role in all aspects of customer care, setting and managing all homeowner’s expectations, as well as guiding and advising them through their home buying process.
- Oversee all sales documentation and paperwork related to the business, including completing accurate and timely contract paperwork.
- Obtain and analyze competitive data and give input on how to produce more sales at a greater profit
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and pricing for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplish sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Accomplish sales operational objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating sales action plans.
- Accomplish sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; and maintaining involvement within the Austin residential homebuilding industries.
- Liaise with the Design and Construction department to ensure proper information flow, orderly start and delivery of sold and spec homes;
- Identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales management.
- Must have Active Adult New Homes Sales experience.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or related area a plus.
- Combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Supervisory experience managing teams of 5 - 20 people.
- New home sales experience is a requirement.
- Proficient computer knowledge i.e. Microsoft Office suite a plus.
- Active Texas Real Estate License and proven track record in sales, preferably new home sales.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.