Recently ranked #2 by FORTUNE for Best Place to Work in Aging Services in the Nation!
Park Vista is hiring a Per Diem Activities Assistant! The Activities Assistant is responsible for assisting with the overall planning and implementation of a varied activity program designed to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the Health Center residents.
- Assists with organizing and coordinating all activities for the residents to ensure all activity needs of the residents are met. Maintains current and accurate documentation for residents� daily activity participation and follows the individualized plan of care for each resident. Encourages and assists residents to activity areas, as tolerated by residents.
- Demonstrates ability to provide quality resident care consistently and meets residents' activity needs. Adheres to policies and procedures in accordance with State and Federal guidelines and the facility�s standard of practice for resident care and activities departmental duties and responsibilities. Assists with the implementing of Quality Assurance programs and ensures the programs are ongoing and provide accurate information for quality improvement. Monitors Resident�s status and informs Charge Nurse and Life Enrichment Director of any changes or concerns.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with residents, family members, and other professionals. Ensure the personal rights of each resident to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights are well established and maintained at all times.
- The Activities Assistant attends all in-service training and works to achieve personal and professional growth in addition to safe workplace practices through continuing education. Prepares activity areas and cleans up areas upon completion of activity. Maintains safe and organized equipment, and checks that equipment is in satisfactory condition; addresses unsafe conditions immediately with Activities Director or other supervisor; notifies Activities Director if supplies are low. Stops and reports any suspicious activities or person in relation to adult abuse and/or neglect.
- Stops and reports any suspicious activities or person in relation to adult abuse and/or neglect.
- High School Degree required.
- The 40 hour Basic Course for activities professionals is preferred. (National Certification Council for Activity Professionals - NCCAP) or 36 Hour Activity Leader Course.
- At least one year experience in a social or recreation program or a healthcare setting working with the elderly.
About Park Vista Health Center:
ParkVista is a Health Center located in Fullerton, adjacent to the campus of Morningside of Fullerton, a large resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community. ParkVista offers 82 Medicare certified Skilled Nursing beds and 54 Assisted Living apartments, including a dedicated and secure memory support wing. ParkVista provides professional staffing 24 hours a day, as well as full-service rehabilitation resources including physical, occupational and speech therapy. Set in a beautiful location, our residents enjoy delicious meals; many planned social, recreational, educational and cultural activities; and compassionate assistance with daily living, all with the goal of the highest level of independence possible.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
ParkVista Health Center offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://parkvista.hrmdirect.com