The Activities Director promotes a healthy and activity-enriched lifestyle for residents and associates through the planning and implementation of wellbeing programs at the community.
What will I do every day?
- Develop and promote a variety of group and individual Wellness programs
- Manage resident risk through functional assessments and resident lifestyle assessments
- Oversee the publication of a Wellness calendar and newsletter
- Implement and manage an effective transportation program
- Establish and manage a volunteer program
- Conduct departmental planning and forecasting
- Ensure an effective staffing schedule
- Manage the wellness budget expenses and labor costs
- Hire and train new members of the wellness team
- Perform other related duties as required
What will I need to be successful in this role?
- Be a great team player
- Be a progressive and creative thinker
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of experience in programming, implementing, and oversight of activities and wellness programs for different levels of skill and cognitive ability
- Two or more years of experience in training and supervising staff
- Experience working with seniors preferred
- Valid driver’s license and proof of good driving record
- ASFA Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer (preferred)
- ACSM Health/Fitness Instructor
- Cooper Research Institute Fitness and Strength Training for seniors
- Senior Fitness Association Certification
- Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within reasonable time of employment (as required)
- First Aid Certification
What’s in it for me? (Great Question!)
- Competitive pay
- A free meal per shift
- Healthcare Benefits including Vision & Dental
- Matching 401k (Full-time only)
- Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Bonus Opportunities
- Continuous Training and Growth Opportunities
What do we do?
We create a great place to live for our residents and a great place to work for our associates. Kisco Senior Living has been a dynamic, award-winning leader in the senior living industry for the past 30 years.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfying our pre-employment process which includes: successfully passing a drug screen, TB Test and Background Check
*Kisco Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer