Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E.; they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Have immediate access to up to 50% for your pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available - Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Telehealth options also available
- Nurse & CNA preceptor program – Become a mentor and get paid!
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the residents we serve by providing them care and compassion
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees by helping onboard new teammates
- Manages and assumes responsibility and accountability for therapeutic activities designed to meet the interests of, and enhance, the functional abilities and self-esteem of each resident
- Interviews residents, family members, legal representatives and significant others to obtain and update information needed to develop individualized care plans
- Works with team members to develop, implement and evaluate care plans, attends case conferences, and develops activities interventions as part of the comprehensive care plan
- Develops and provides a program for all residents, at hours that are convenient to them (morning, afternoon, evening, weekend), that appeal to all age and gender groups
- Prepares and posts monthly activities calendar
- Serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) as necessary
- High school diploma or GED; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in a social or recreational program within the past five (5) years, with one year of full-time employment in a patient/resident activities program, in a healthcare setting; or, qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Satisfactory completion of Activities Director training/certification
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings, holidays and weekends
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.