Activities Director Full Time AdventHealth Care Center Zephyrhills South
Location Address: 38250 A. Ave, Zephyrhills
Walk-In Applicants Welcomed for Immediate Interviews
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Zephyrhills South
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Plans, organizes, and directs a program of activities in accordance with State and Federal regulations and facility policies. The programs are coordinated in a team effort with related facility services and staff.
- The program must meet the needs and interest of the residents regardless of their physical or psychological limitations.
- Provides for an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the needs of the residents, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, interests, needs, and the physical, mental, and psycho-social well-being.
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises, directs and evaluates the performance of activity support staff or activity assistants.
- Develops activity programs to allow residents to participate within their capabilities and to reach their highest practicable level of functioning.
- Inform the residents & staff of the current schedule of planned activities.
- Completes a comprehensive assessment on each resident according to his/her background, past and present leisure interests, abilities, physical and mental limitations, and activity related needs as required.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an Activity Professional who is licensed, registered, or certified
- Have 2 years’ experience in a social/recreational program within the past 5 years and 1 full time in Activities
- Qualified Occupational Therapist (OT) or Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)
- Complete a training course approved by the State
- Additional qualifications may be required per current State regulations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Skilled Nursing (LTC) preferred
The Activities Director plans, organizes, and participates in therapeutic activity programming to promote opportunities for engaging in normal pursuits, including religious, social, educational, and recreational.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.