To ensure the coordination, development, implementation and evaluation of quality activity services for all residents meeting their identified needs; provide the highest quality program resulting in residents reaching their highest level of independence possible.
- Assesses each resident for interests, talents, and previous patterns of time use, and develops activity plans of care based on that assessment
- Establishes and maintains necessary records regarding activities attendance and activities care plans. Develops an activity care plan with other functional care plans.
- Identifies facility and community resources that can contribute to the activity care plan
- Plans and schedules activities and develops a monthly calendar of activities.
- Secures entertainment, program leaders, volunteers, materials, equipment, transportation, as necessary well in advance of scheduled dates.
- Assures all residents are involved in activities; group, individual (bedside) and/or independent on a weekly basis.
- Recruits and trains a volunteer activities staff and maintains volunteer programs which utilize community involvement. Advises nursing, dietary, maintenance, volunteers, etc., of related responsibilities for an activity in advance as necessary
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs in terms of resident outcomes.
- Develops and maintains a budget for activities programs.
- Coordinates facility newsletter and/or other promotion of activities programs through local media
- Current, valid licensure as a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist, or certification in Oklahoma as an Activity Director
- Qualification as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant
- Related experience in healthcare
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends
- Because this is a start up operation, the individual must be very pliable and willing to work in various capacities.