As an Activities Therapist you will implement therapeutic recreation services for patients admitted to the inpatient behavioral health unit. Perform a variety of duties involved in carrying out recreation programs in assigned areas; assist in planning programs.
• Provides various therapeutic recreation activities, as assigned.
• Plans and provides individual and group treatment services to improve social, emotional and cognitive behaviors.
• Provides input and develops new programs for therapeutic recreation services.
• Maintains accurate and timely documentation using appropriate forms per department standard operating procedures.
• Uses infection control practices and procedures.
• Participates in unit team activities within the clinical setting.
• Participates in unit based Performance Improvement as appropriate.
• Acts rapidly and effectively during emergency situations.
• Performs and promotes compliance with facility policies and procedures regarding electrical safety, hazard identification, waste disposal and standard precautions.
• Uses and monitors equipment appropriately and safely.
• Reports patient care outcomes information to members of the team, as appropriate.
• Serves as a resource for problem solving to all members of care team.
• Promotes staff development and education.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
• Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC), required;
Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) from the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), required;
New York State Certification in related field, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment.Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.