Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists Clare Bridge Program Manager or Coordinator in leading and implementing a calendar of dementia friendly programs that meet specific needs of each and all residents within the dementia care community. Assists in providing person centered programs while engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful life enrichment programs within the Brookdale community enhancing their quality of life. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence.
- Supports the implementation of a person centered program to meet individual needs and interests of the residents. Assists in leading and engaging residents in the 6 dimensions of Optimum Life – purposeful, intellectual, social, spiritual, emotional and physical in a dementia friendly structured environment; including sensory focused small groups for residents who cannot participate in a large group setting.
- Assists the Program Manager or Coordinator in the review of individual resident’s service plans and completes program documentation, as required by Brookdale standards or state requirements.
- Assists the program manager or coordinator in ensuring programs are in compliance with state, federal, and other regulations and meet Brookdale’s mission, policies, procedures and standards
- Assists in providing guidance and resource to staff on the importance of programming/life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents.
- Coordinates and participates in special events at the community including family socials, marketing/sales and open houses.
- Communicates positively with residents, families, and community professionals regarding the Brookdale dementia care program and its benefits. Communicates with families regarding residents’ personal needs and successes.
- Assists Manager or Coordinator with meeting the department’s quality improvement tool including the Brookdale Excellence Standards Tool (BEST).
- Supports plans and scheduled programming events outside the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
- Assists with volunteer program, including training and supervising volunteers.
- Performs personal care, housekeeping and dietary responsibilities, as needed, to ensure service quality is maintained in accordance with Clare Bridge Program standards.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associates Degree preferred. Minimum one year of previous experience with older adults and persons with dementia preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid driver's license and a current 3-year driving abstract with no more than one moving violation as a condition of employment.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Basic knowledge of PC's and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment. Effective oral and written communications skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 10 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.