Belmont Village Senior Living
Oak Park, IL
Full-time position available
Tuesday - Saturday
Memory Care experience preferred
Belmont Village Senior Living Oak Park is seeking an energetic, creative individual to plan and facilitate activities daily with groups of cognitively impaired residents utilizing our therapeutic memory enrichment curriculum.
Residents participating in these small groups are commonly affected by Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our daily activities are designed around our Whole Brain Fitness model including physical exercise classes, art classes, debate groups, math and science challenges, and foreign language classes.
Those with prior experience in education, therapeutic recreation, social work or other related fields of study are strongly encouraged to apply. Your creativity and imagination bring our community to life!
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certifiedGREAT PLACE TO WORK®and ranked #15 onFORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Oak Park a Great Place to Work and Live!
Activity Leader, organizes and implements specialized activities for seniors with cognitive disabilities living in our Assisted Living and Memory Care community. This position is responsible for ensuring quality and program integrity for therapeutic memory enrichment activity programs.
- Leads daily therapeutic memory enrichment activity group and ensures therapeutic person-centered, Whole Brain Fitness programs through a typical day structure
- Prepares background materials and conducts relevant research for activities within the provided curriculum.
- Tracks and trends weekly activity participation in specified group, and completes and maintains program/resident documentation as required by company policy and/or licensing requirements
- May conduct specified bi-annual Cognitive Assessments residents under the supervision of the department manager
- Maintains regular and consistent communication with the department manager, colleagues, caregivers, and Nurses; also communicates with and involves resident family members as needed and/or directed by the department manager.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for residents in the program, complying with all safety procedures including elopement and wandering prevention protocols.
- Associates Degree required, with course work in social work, psychology, education, recreation therapy or related field.
- Experience working with seniors or other related experience required
- Ability to work flexible days between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Proven organization, time management and attention to detail skills
- Interest in working with the older population
- Computer experience and ability to use or learn to use software programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
Recreation / Activities Worker