Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Do you like the idea of tracking and effectively managing risk? As a key member of the actuarial department, you will support UnitedHealth Group's growth and financial goals and help rewrite the company's history. In your role as an Actuarial Analyst in our Actuarial Leadership Development Program, you will be supported and encouraged to use your actuarial expertise to change the future of health care. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
- Analyze rate changes
- Identify medical trends and medical saving opportunities
- Perform various financial analyses
- Collaborate and communicate results and technical concepts
- Maintain and update actuarial models and proactively identify solutions
- Develop presentation materials and communicate results of actuarial analyses to various stakeholders
Your leadership skills will be put to the test in this role. Not only will you be leading an intensely driven and focused team, but you will be overseeing large projects and managing complex work streams too. Senior management will be turning to you as a trusted subject matter expert to drive business results and provide actuarial direction to support accurate medical cost reporting.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or related field
- Progress toward a Society of Actuaries actuarial designation
- 1+ years of actuarial experience
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas)
- Experience with SQL and / or SAS
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience with healthcare claims
- Experience with Medicaid
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UHC, Minnesota, Arizona, Pennsylvania, MN, AZ, PA, Horsham, Minnetonka, Phoenix, Pricing, healthcare, Actuarial, analyst, Economics