Actuarial Analyst (Claim Insights/Analytics)-ACT0000KR
This position is part of CNA’s Actuarial Rotational Program and provides an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team within the Property Casualty Claim department which is made up of actuarial and data analytics professionals. Under broad supervision, the successful candidate will support the establishment of metrics, the innovative claim data analyses and the business intelligence needs of the Claim professionals within CNA's Specialty Claim organization and will collaborate with counterparts in Actuarial Reserving on the impact of Claim department changes and trends on claim data. This candidate will be technically strong and will enhance our capabilities to make data−driven decisions and recommendations.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Under broad supervision, supports the development and implementation of monitoring metrics and/or claim analyses for a product line or functional unit.
- Analyzes financial, statistical and mathematical data and performs actuarial calculations to identify trends driving business outcomes.
- Assists in providing technical guidance to Reserving regarding the claim handling of new and existing business and supports others (e.g., Underwriting, Pricing) on actuarial issues.
- May participate in special projects.
- Stays up to date in functional area of expertise, on industry trends and developments.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge Abilities
- Knowledge of core functions of an insurance company, general insurance, actuarial and statistical concepts.
- Developing technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve simple to moderately complex situations and issues. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications. Working knowledge of SQL in addition to Tableau, Qlikview or other data visualization software.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete work and/or projects effectively.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound business decisions effectively.
- Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent.
- Entry level, which includes progress toward actuarial accreditation of one to three successfully completed exams.
EEO Statement:CNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V.