Actuarial Analyst I (
Job Number:328338 )
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Claims Actuarial Insights is seeking an Actuarial Analyst I to join the team. This position offers great opportunities to participate in various projects that impact the Claim Department’s operational efficiency and superior claim outcome, both domestic and overseas. It is a unique opportunity for someone who would like to develop strategic thinking, business acumen, and communication skills. Our team is responsible for reviewing existing processes, and closely interacts with Claims senior management to make recommendations on improving and optimizing them.
- Develop insightful performance metrics to help manage claim operations: e.g. inventory management, reserve adequacy, recovery, litigation management, expense budget, etc.
- Analyze claim trends and write commentary about trends, published in reports to senior management
- Project and monitor savings realized by new, strategic initiatives
- Assist with catastrophe projection model development, reporting, analysis, and operational management tool enhancement
- Act as subject matter expert to provide business support to Claims IT in defining requirements for data extraction and report automation
- Support ad hoc quantitative analysis that facilitates effective decision making
- Participate in North America and Overseas General projects that have a global impact
- Coordinate/cooperate with North America and Overseas General financial reporting/business intelligence teams to ensure overall consistency and efficiency globally
- Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related
- 2-4 years of experience in actuarial disciplines, minimum of 3 exams passed, and actively pursuing professional designation
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel, and working knowledge of VBA is desired. Access, Cognos, QlikSense are a plus.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex ideas to different audience
- Strong project and time management skills, willing to take ownership of projects, work comfortably in team environment
- Some programming experience, e.g. SQL or SAS, is desired, but not required
- Capable of working with offshore resources at different experience levels
Basking Ridge 07920
Job Posting- Jul 10, 2019, 5:27:16 PM