Sentry is seeking an analytical and results driven individual to join our Life & Annuity Actuarial ricing team as an Actuarial Analyst in Stevens Point, WI. Whether monitoring rate adequacy, managing insurance risks, or calculating insurance rates, our actuaries combine refined analytical skills with business acumen to provide cutting edge solutions to real world problems to the markets we serve. Across our company, we work to cultivate homegrown talent: people like you who are curious, hardworking and always looking to improve.
If this opportunity resonates with what you’re looking for, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for an eager self-starter to join our team. The level that the selected individual will be hired at will be determined by the related skills and qualifications of the candidate hired.WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an Actuarial Analyst of our Life & Annuities Pricing group you will play a key role in assessing the performance of our business and steering the direction of our future. Additionally, you will:
- Summarize results and analyze the performance of our business.
- Monitor for the development of trends that may be concerning or identify opportunities.
- Recommend changes to improve our results.
- Develop rates and fees using actuarial techniques and market analyses.
- Work with other business units on product development and administrative initiatives.
- Represent our unit on cross functional teams.
- Research industry issues and stay abreast of market trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field required
- 1-5 years of actuarial work (life insurance or annuity pricing preferred)
- Dedicated commitment and record of successfully completing actuarial exams (5+ SOA exams preferred)
- Independence to take projects from start to finish
- Complex data analysis experience (data visualization analysis preferred)
- Modeling software experience beneficial (GGY Axis, Prophet, Moses)
- Proficient in Excel and Access (Visual Basic experience beneficial)
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.ABOUT SENTRY
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!