Opportunities with USHEALTH Group and subsidiaries. A career with the USHEALTH Group family of companies makes you part of a team providing innovative, flexible and affordable health coverage plans. We’re now part of UnitedHealthcare and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. From our management team and staff to the independently contracted Agents of USHEALTH Advisors, we’re united in a mission of HOPE: Helping Other People Everyday. If you’re drawn to the same commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of others, consider a role with USHEALTH Group and Subsidiaries.
Are you ready to be part of the solution that people are looking for? Take a closer look at USHEALTH Group family of companies, where your passion can drive results and your life’s best work.(sm)
Responsible for developing product level assumptions for the company’s business plan and maintaining the projection models in GGY AXIS actuarial software., including producing the GPV and supporting documentation
Responsible for developing and maintaining the actuarial projections model (GGY AXIS actuarial software) for required financial needs, including GPV/CFT, GAAP/DAC analysis, and premium deficiency testing.
Responsible for experience analysis and the development of assumptions for business projections for all products. Scope includes assumptions for all products loss ratios, rate changes, and lapse rates
Responsible for periodic management reporting on experience and persistency
Responsible for preparing GPV report required in the annual actuarial reports, and audit support
General duties may include special projects involving risk assessment, data warehouse, regulatory filings, and other projects
Responsible for supervision and training of actuarial support staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years actuarial experience
- 1+ years of projections and modeling or product pricing experience
- Expert level in Excel, Access, and/or SQL
- Ability to write reports, memos, and document procedures
- Ability to manage and train staff
- Experience with actuarial modeling software, preferably GGY AXIS
- Understanding of health and life insurance products, insurance business processes and risks, and technical actuarial and accounting concepts
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interpret and apply actuarial methods to company data and use concepts to solve practical problems
- Ability to solve complex and practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated ability to handle deadlines and multiple projects
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Job Keywords: Assistant Actuary Projections, Projections, Assistant Actuary, Forecasting & Experience Monitoring, Financial, Actuarial Valuation & Forecasting, USHealth, Fort Worth, TX, Texas