The Acupuncture/Chiropractic Assistant is an unlicensed health professional and is primarily responsible for assisting patients and Acupuncturist/Chiropractor throughout the routine visit. The Acupuncture/Chiropractic Assistant works collaboratively with the other health care members and will assist the medical team as needed to provide quality and accessible health care services to patients under the supervision of a Physician, Acupuncturist/Chiropractor, Nurse Team Leader and Clinic Nurse Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Greets, checks-in, and checks-out patients including checking insurance eligibility, obtaining prior authorization, scheduling appointments
for patient, and collecting payment.
• Calls patients and reminds them of upcoming appointment.
• Verify/updates patient insurance and billing discrepancies.
• Conducts periodic updates of demographic and financial data.
• Answers phone calls and responds to request appropriately.
• Works closely with acupuncturist/chiropractor to provide care to patients.
• Takes and records patient’s vital signs in EHR.
• Assists patients fill out disability questionnaires as needed.
• Assists the acupuncturist/chiropractor in ensuring patient safety and understanding
• Able to communicate with patients regarding instructions and works with all medical team as needed.
• Prepares exam rooms before and after each patient in accordance with NEMS policy and OSHA guidelines, including restocking of exam
rooms and operatories.
• Assists in discharging the patient at the completion of the office visit and answers any final logistical questions the patient may have.
• Maintains and tracks inventory. Orders medical/office supplies and equipment.
• Cleans and sterilizes acupuncture/chiropractic equipment as needed
• Covers staff member at other clinic sites.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Medial assistant or clinical Aide certificate desired.
• Prior experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Type at least 35 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), Vietnamese, Spanish and other languages may be required depending on location.
• Fluency in other languages are an asset.
This is an FLSA non-exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).