Looking for an Acupuncturist in our Thriving Organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values, then please consider joining our team.
What We Are
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. Integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual increase.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and Involvement
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position
This position is to provide acupuncture services to an outpatient population for a variety of conditions and ailments consistent with the scope of practice for acupuncture. The incumbent filling this position shall practice in accordance with the principles of East Asian/Oriental medicine. Services will be provided in collaboration with patients' primary care providers. This position is located in a busy outpatient center.
- Meet with patients to obtain information about their complaints, symptoms, medical history, general health, diet, lifestyle, and psychological health
- Assess patients' general physical appearance to make diagnoses and determine treatment plans and strategies
- Explain procedures to patients and prepare them for treatment
- Identify precise locations on a patient's body where needles should be inserted, or where electrical or heat stimulation is to be applied
- Perform acupressure, shiatsu, tuina, electroacupuncture, moxibustion, and related techniques
- Treat patients using tools such as needles, ear balls, seeds, and pellets.
- Suggest treatments involving diet, herbal medicineand/or nutritional supplements, including reviewing risks, benefits, side effects, and possible drug interactions.
- Following a procedure, consult with the patient about other therapy and emotional health
- Evaluate and document treatment outcomes and recommend new or altered treatments as necessary to further promote, restore, or maintain health.
- Documents treatment in detail within the electronic health record.
- Consider Western medical procedures in health assessment, health care team communication, and care referrals.
- Educate patients on topics such as meditation, ergonomics, stretching, exercise, nutrition, the healing process, breathing, and relaxation techniques.
- Identify any medical emergencies requiring immediate allopathic treatment.
- Requests prior authorization for additional visits beyond the allotted amounts per insurance
Education/ Experience Required:
- Master's degree from an acupuncture college accredited by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Board certification from the NCCAOM
- License to practice Acupuncture.
- EPIC Certification is a plus but not required.
- Two years of acupuncture practice beyond the master's degree
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.