The acupuncturists are to administer specific therapeutic treatment of symptoms and disorders amenable to acupuncture procedures, as specifically indicated by supervising physician.
An acupuncturist engages in the practice of acupuncture, electro acupuncture, perform or prescribe the use of oriental massage, acupressure, moxibustion, cupping, breathing techniques, exercise, heat, cold, magnets, nutrition, diet, herbs, plant, animal, and mineral products, and dietary supplements to promote, maintain, and restore health.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Taking a detailed case history; that may involve questioning patients about their physical and emotional health history, lifestyle and diet.
• Making a diagnosis and devising a personalized treatment plan.
• Explaining the diagnosis and treatment to the patient and responding to their questions and concerns.
• Providing an accurate diagnosis, supported by medical findings based on standardized examination and techniques generally accepted by the
medical community. This includes TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Western diagnostic techniques.
• Treating by inserting fine needles into the skin at particular locations to stimulate the energy flow along meridians (energy channels) and the body’s
own healing response.
• Incorporating other treatments, such as moxibustion (burning herbs to warm insertion points), electro-acupuncture (stimulating insertion points with
small electric currents), acupressure (to loosen and relax muscles), and cupping.
• Providing medically necessary acupuncture, consults, assessments and treatments when requested/authorized by family physicians/specialists.
• Providing quality treatment to cure or relieve the medical condition causing the patient's complaint.
• Documenting all treatments and patient's response to acupuncture therapy on patient's chart.
• Performing other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• 2 years experience working as an acupuncturist is required.
• Master's degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine or Oriental Medicine. ACAOM accredited education (Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture
and Oriental Medicine).
• Post-graduate degree preferred; i.e., Ph.D. in related fields, N.D. (Doctor of Naturopathy), D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine).
• NCCAOM Certification (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) preferred.
• Must possess a current/valid Licensed Acupuncturist from the State of California.
• Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluency in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) required.
This is an FLSA Exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).