Are you interested in working for a leading medical practice in Northern California? Pulmonary Medicine Associates currently has an opening for an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to be part of our hospital ICU care team in the Sacramento area. NP's work closely with our physicians to provide high quality medical care. Training provided. Full-time.� Night shifts. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Visit our website at www.pmamed.com. EOE
ACNP Duties Include:
- Under the general supervision of a physician, provide care to hospital ICU patients and delegated medical tasks, using established and approved protocols as required by PMA and hospital policy.
- Conduct comprehensive history and physical exam, perform diagnostic reasoning, order and interpret diagnostic tests, perform invasive procedures and write prescriptions.
- Collaborate with the patient, family members and other members of the healthcare team to review the plan of care and reach the best possible outcome.
- Educate patients on procedures, treatment protocols, wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Document all services and orders in patient's electronic medical record.
- Participate in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients and/or their families.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Accredited School offering an Advanced Degree in Nurse Practice (ARNP)
- Current, unrestricted California NP license ACNP required
- Current Board certification in relevant specialty
- Current DEA certificate without restriction
Knowledge,�Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette Ability to relate to patients, their families, and members of the healthcare team in a tactful and professional manner
- Minimum three years of related RN work experience; at least one year of related NP experience (preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Ability to provide medical services within the scope of licensing and training.
- ACLS required.